Antje Mertig MRICS
- Graduate in Banking (BA) (Bankakademie/School of Finance)
- More than 25 years of experience in the banking and real estate sector
- Management positions at SitusAMC/ Hatfield Philips and Hudson Advisors/ Lone Star before founding Steinberg Real Estate + Finance
- Languages: German, English
After more than 25 years of experience in the banking and real estate sector, Antje Mertig can draw on extensive knowledge of commercial financing, the servicing of real estate in redevelopment and restructuring environments as well as non-performing loans. As a banker, graduate in banking (BA, Bankakademie/School of Finance) and through continuous further training in real estate economics, she not only has practical experience but also a sound knowledge of the real estate sector and her specialist area of financing.
She has worked in financing for various banks and moved into loan processing in 2004. At Hudson Advisors and subsequently at Situs (formerly Hatfield Philips), she was responsible for extensive and very complex loan portfolios of commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) and non-performing loans of up to €6 billion in a senior role.
Due to her membership in the RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors), Antje Mertig as a Professional Member stands for certified expertise and competence, for compliance with the highest standards and professional ethics as well as for an international character.
Antje Mertig speaks fluent German and English.
- Project management of the loan workout of a portfolio of 150 retail properties in the amount of approx. EUR 450 million (CMBS).
- Restructuring of a closed-end real estate fund in the amount of approx. EUR 75 million (sale-and-lease-back of a company headquarters)
- Onboarding and workout of a non-performing loan portfolio of a Landesbank in the amount of approx. EUR 180 million
- Foreclosure management for various commercial properties with a value of between EUR 8 and 240 million
Credit and asset management of an insolvent group financing with approx. 7,000 existing apartments
Ex-post audit of the loan processing of a Landesbank within the scope of state guarantee management